Foundation repair is one of the many services that we offer at Mitigation Inc. Procrastinating in regards to foundation repair needs on your property could aggravate problems and cause increased damage to your property over time. Common problems that necessitate foundation repair include foundation deterioration and the development of cracks in the foundation that compromise its structural integrity. Although all structures may be susceptible to foundation problems as time goes on, foundation problems are often the result of poor construction or earthquake damage.
The older the home, the more likely foundation repair needs are. Over time, the foundation of a home will settle and move slightly. As a homeowner, it’s important to look out for signs of foundation settlement. Such an issue is best resolved as soon as possible to prevent further settlement and damage to a property’s structure. If you suspect that the foundation of your San Pedro property is developing problems because of settlement or another cause, you can contact us to schedule an appointment. We can immediately assess the situation and let you know if you need foundation repair work.
Below are some important signs that your property might be having some foundation issues. If you see any of the following signs, you should have your home looked at by an expert immediately:
- Trim and moldings on the interior of your home pop out of place
- Interior doors in your home do not open and close smoothly or develop spaces between the door and the jamb.
- “Step cracks” are apparent in visible portions of stone work or brick around your home.
- The walls of your foundation no longer align properly with the framing of above-ground parts of your home.
- When foundation problems are present and severe, water almost always seeps into the basement area of a home.
- Gaps have formed between exterior windows/doors and siding.
- Concrete block walls have become bulged or bowed towards their centers.
A common solution for problematic foundation settling is underpinning, which involves raising the foundation to the proper level and stabilizing it to prevent further settling. Among the foundation repair services we offer in San Pedro at Mitigation are soil stabilization, slab repair, foundation bolting, crawl space repair, floor leveling, exterior drainage system work, and more. We provide clients with free estimates regarding their repair needs and handle all work ourselves without relying on subcontractors.